Saturday 23 December 2017

Career aspirations to mommy dreams



I had no dreamy aspirations and high aims at least until I graduated from one of the best institutes in town. Till then I was simply going with the flow and then I landed in the corporate sector. They say once you start working you develop an unexplainable addiction to having that fat paycheck in your account every month, the feel of being a part of the corporate sector, the pressure of deadlines and the struggle of acing the 'corporate rat race'. They are so right ! 
I had planned on working after marriage but after having a baby I just couldn't find the right time to rejoin work fulltime and now its been a while since I quit the corporate sector. However, I still yearn for that feel. It's still a struggle trying to get over that addiction. Funnily no one stopped me from re-joining work but then I look at my daughter and a wave of guilt overcomes me when I think of deserting her for my aspirations and needs. 
Every night I have a raging battle in my mind trying to figure out ways of where I can do something apart from being a stay-at-home mom but then I realize that no one not even a single being on this planet can care for her like I can. So compromising on her care might result in nights of regret which are worse than the nights where I desire to do something more with my life. 

I feel proud of all the working mothers and I sincerely feel that it takes a big heart to leave behind a part of them and go to work . At the same time sahm compromise on a lot just to raise their kids well. So kudos to all mamas out there. You all are doing a great job at mamahood so keep rocking it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment